This recipe from the UK is quick and easy and makes two loaves of bread. It’s ideal to use with a group.
650g bread flour
6 tablespoons linseeds (or a mix could include poppy seeds, sunflower seeds or sesame seeds)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon light muscovado sugar
25g butter or margarine
7g quick action yeast
450ml very warm water
- Mix together the flour, four tablespoons of the seeds and the sugar.
- Rub in 25g butter or margarine with your fingers. Scatter the yeast over the top.
- Pour the water on top and mix with a spoon, then your hands until it forms a firm ball.
- Knead for ten minutes.
- Put into bread tins. Scatter water on the top and use that to stick on the remaining seeds. Leave to rise in warm place until double the size.
- Bake at 200C for approx 35 mins until the base sounds hollow when tapped.