The campaign to get a Robin Hood Tax on financial transactions launched just six months ago. But what a six months! Here are some highlights from the diary of a Robin Hood Tax campaigner….
February: starting strong
- Launch of the campaign to secure a Robin Hood Tax to raise £250 billion a year to support public services, fight poverty, and combat climate change.
- Bill Nighy and Richard Curtis team up to produce the hit online film, The Banker.
- Within two weeks, the campaign has the support of 112,000 Facebook fans and 350 economists.
- Big names to pledge their support include the Archbishop of Canterbury and economist Jeffrey Sachs.
- Twitter arrows fired at MPs prompt 65 of them to attend a special parliamentary briefing at Westminster. Continue reading